It takes years to build a successful business. But it takes a decade to become one of the richest people in the world. It requires you to stand out of the competition, and sail smoothly out of the hardships.
That’s what this list of richest people is about. They not only made their fortune but are also popular because of the net worth and business they have built in their life. Let’s head over to the list.
//This list is taken from the “Bloomberg Billionaires Index.”//
1. Elon Musk
Networth: $205Billion (US)
Elon Musk is a South African-born, American Citizen who’s the owner, founder, and co-founder of different tech businesses. He is also an entrepreneur who has jointly established the online payment and electronic money transferring system PayPal. Later, he also founded SpaceX, a manufacturer of carrier rockets and spacecraft. He was among the first key financiers and the CEO of the electrically powered car manufacturing company “Tesla”.
Born on 28 June 1971 in South Africa, he’s a Canadian citizen and the son of a Canadian mother and a South African father. He studied in Canada but later shifted to the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia to attain bachelor’s degrees in Physics and Economics in 1997.
- The successful launch of the SpaceX Dragon capsule, May 25, 2012
- In 1995 he established a company named Zip2, a business directory and map providing company to those newspapers functional over the internet.
- In 1999 founded a company that provides online financial services named X.com later on the name was converted to PayPal.
- He became the vital financier for Tesla Motors (later named Tesla) in 2004.
- He reached a total net worth of $209 Billion (US) in 2021 but his current total net worth is $205Billion (US).
2. Jeff Bezos
Networth: $200Billion (US)
Jeffery Preston Bezos was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the U.S in 1964. He is the founder and CEO of an American E-Commerce giant Amazon.com, Inc. which was started with e-books merchandizing then afterwards, various other consumables and supplies were traded through the platform. Due to his leadership and guiding principles, Amazon.com Inc. became a highly developed e-commerce company whose competitor in the same industry is no one but itself.
Bezos graduated in 1986 from Princeton University in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. He got involved doing several jobs before starting a new venture in a New York’s financing Bank D.E. Shaw & Co. in 1990. At the very initial stage, he became the senior vice president- the youngest of the firm in the enterprise. Bezos was the head of assessing the financing potentialities of the internet. He left the job in 1994 from D.E. Shaw & Co. and went to settle down in Seattle, Washington to start a new business venture as a virtual bookstore.
- The most notable achievement of Jeff Bezos is to establish the world’s largest e-commerce or World Wide Web commerce platform Amazon.com Inc.
- In 2006 Jeff anticipated AWS, Amazon Web Series a cloud computing service that ultimately emerged as the largest service provider of such type.
- Lately, in 2007, Amazon revealed a new hand-carry-able gadget named Kindle.
- The net worth of Jeff Bezos in total is currently $200 Billion.
3. Bernard Arnault
Networth: $159Billion (US)
He was born on the 5th of March 1949 in Roubaix, France. He is the CEO and Chairman of a French Company LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA the finest luxury products company worldwide.
Arnault completed his graduate-level education from Ecole Polytechnique with an engineering degree. After graduation, he took over the lead of his father’s construction enterprise namely Ferret-Savinel in 1971. After 8 years in business, he converted the name of the company into Férinel Inc. and changed the niche of the company to real estate business. In 1987 Arnault invested in the company LVMH due to the invitation from its chairman, Henri Racamier.
- The joint venture with the Henri, Arnault dissolve many companies into the LVMH fold such as Christian Lacroix, Givenchy, and Kenzo; the leather goods companies Loewe, Céline, and Berluti; the jeweler Fred Joailler; the DFS group (the world’s biggest duty-free chain); and the beauty retailer Sephora.
- His total net worth is $159 Billion.
4. Bill Gates
Networth: $151Billion (US)
Bill Gates, whose full name is William Henry Gates III was born on 28th October 1955 in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A. He’s the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation, an American Entrepreneur and a computer programmer.
With his intelligence, he coded his first program when he was 13 years old. In addition, he assisted in the formation of a group of encoders who digitalized the payroll system of their school and established a digital system named as Traf-O-Data. In 1975 Bill Gates joined Harvard University, where he met his friend from his hometown, Paul G. Allen. Both of them together generated software to be operated on the micro-computers. It was the beginning of his success.
- He fabricated a Disk operating system named MS-DOS using BASIC (a programming language) to encode it.
- He developed a user-friendly operating system for PCs in 1995 named Microsoft Windows 95. Since then different commercial and developed versions of Microsoft Windows have been released in the market.
- The current total net worth of Bill Gates is $151Billion.
5. Mark Zuckerberg
Networth: $131Billion (US)
Mark is an American Entrepreneur and Computer Programming expert who was born on the 14th of May 1984 in White Plains, New York, U.S.A. He is a co-founder and CEO of a social media website named Facebook. He took admission to Harvard University in 2002. From there began his journey of success.
- Being the CEO and a co-founder of facebook.com
- The youngest billionaire registered in the Guinness Book of World Record.
- His total net worth is $131 Billion.
6. Larry Page
Networth: $126Billion (US)
He is well-known for his real name of Lawrence Edward Page, was born on the 26th of March 1973, in East Lansing, Michigan, U.S.A. He is a computer scientist and an entrepreneur who in partnership with Sergey Brin developed the online search engine named Google which has now become a company that has influenced the world with its products.
- In September 1998, Larry co-founded Google Inc. and became its CEO at the same time.
- His total net worth is $126 Billion.
7. Sergey Brin
Networth: $121Billion (US)
Sergey was born on August 21st, 1973 in Moscow, Russia, U.S.S.R. He is a computer scientist and an entrepreneur who built the famous search engine Google in partnership with Larry Page. He is also a co-founder of Google Inc. His family settled in the United States in 1979. He got a degree in computer science and mathematics at the University of Maryland. Afterwards, he took admission to Stanford University in a graduate program where he and Larry saw each other for the first time.
- He is the co-creator of the Google search engine.
- Brin became the President of technology for Google by mid-1999.
- His net worth is $121 Billion.
8. Steve Ballmer
Networth: $107Billion (US)
He was previously the CEO of Microsoft, globally consumed most user-friendly operating system creators. In 2014 he left the position of CEO but he resumed being a shareholder in a Washington-based company named Redmond that builts the windows operating system, surface tablet computers, and the Xbox gaming console. He is also the owner of a basketball team namely the L.A. Clippers.
- He was made a Knight of the Legion of Honor in Paris by French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- His total net worth is $107 Billion.
9. Larry Ellison
Networth: $100Billion (US)
Lawrence Joseph Ellison was born on the 17th of August 1944, in New York City, New York, USA. He is an entrepreneur and a businessman. Also, he co-founded a software development company named Oracle Corporation. He remained Chief Executive Officer of Oracle Corporation from 1977 to 2014. Later, he got enrolled in the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign in 1962 but had left the University soon after his Mother died in 1964. He moved to the University of Chicago in 1966.
- His major achievement is his contributions in the development of Oracle.
- His net worth is $100 Billion US.
10. Warren Buffett
Networth: $100Billion (US)
Warren Buffett is a well-known American businessman and Philanthropist. His full name is Warren Edward Buffet. Born in August 1930, Omaha, Nebraska, USA, he’s considered the most successful investor of the 20th century because he made over $ 60 Billion US in the mentioned century. Buffett is also famous with the nickname “Oracle of Omaha”. His father Howard Homan Buffett was a Republican from Nebraska. After finishing his B.S. from the University of Nebraska in 1950, he went to the Columbia University School of Business for his Masters’s Degree in 1951. He get back to Omaha in 1956 and in 1965 he held the majority shares of textile manufacturer Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- Awarded the presendential medal of freedom
- His total net worth is reported around $100 Billion US.