If you’re looking to improve your social media marketing strategy in 2023, here’s all you need to know.
Small businesses are finding that social networking is an essential tool. If you organise your marketing initiatives effectively, social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn may frequently serve as a backbone for reaching your objectives. Social networking platforms, on the other hand, introduce new features and improvements on a regular basis, making it tough for small businesses to stay up. That’s where Digitizal comes in; we’re specialists in social media strategy and creativity, and we’re renowned as the digital marketing firm in Perth you can rely on.
So, whether you’re new to social media or just want to double-check your goals for the new year, use our Ultimate Digitizal Digital Marketing Guide to help you get ready for 2022.
THE CORE PRINCIPLES OF SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Pay close attention and nail these to create a solid foundation for your plan.
- Strategy: This involves determining the firm’s goals, selecting the appropriate social media platforms for business communication, and determining the sort of content to post on these channels.
- Analytics and Reporting: These are essential elements that empower marketers, providing visibility into reach and engagement, as well as other crucial metrics such as clicks, views and so on.
- Listing and Engagement: This is the process of tracking user activity, collecting data from them, and figuring out what they think about your business.
- Advertising: Leverage advertisements on social media sites like Facebook that can increase brand reach through sponsored posts targeted at the right audience.
- Planning and Publishing: Creating content and scheduling posts that adhere to established best practices, based on historical information and new insights.
IDENTIFY THE BEST STRATEGIES FOR YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Create better Brand Awareness: Get your name out there, but don’t publish promotional messages and stay true to your brand’s voice.
- Drive more Sales: Inform customers of your products and generate market interest.
- Increase your Audience Base: Grow your network by tracking key phrases, hashtags, and user comments on posts.
- Keeping it Community Driven: Customers value firms who contribute to their communities, so try out different messages and content to get people talking.
- Integrating Google MyBusiness with Social Media channels: Using local Google searches, generate relevant traffic to your social media platforms, maintain all of your online material up to date, and encourage relevant reviews to build trust.
RESEARCH YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
You’ve probably heard of Target Audience, but the first guideline is to avoid making assumptions — just 55% of marketers utilise social data to better understand their target audience. To boost your outcomes, make sure you conduct audience research.
Also, remember that different platforms will attract different audiences.
- YouTube and Facebook: Due to their high-earning user groups, YouTube and Facebook are two of the most popular advertising platforms.
- Instagram: is a popular social media platform among Millennials. This demonstrates the value of connecting with strong material that expresses Gen Z’s individuality and character.
- Pinterest: has the largest rate of social shopper purchases, with a vast majority of women.
Take note, do not spread yourself too thin by focusing on every platform available. Instead, concentrate on the networks that your core audience is already active on.
IDENTIFY SOCIAL BENCHMARKS
Your social media approach should be data-driven no matter what sector you’re in.
It’s critical to concentrate on the most significant social media indicators and to exclude gut instinct from the discussion. Rather than focusing exclusively on vanity metrics and neglecting data that supports your objectives, examine data that is directly related to them.
From there, we may expand your social media approach by including Facebook advertising into your plan. Because Facebook has over 2.89 million active users, it provides amazing chances to expand your business, generates targeted site traffic, enhances sales and customer loyalty, raises brand recognition, and connect with new people. Digitizal can assist in making the most of Facebook advertising in Perth and Google Ads to grow your business.
CREATE A BRAND PERSONALITY
Your social media followers come for your products and services but will stay for your style, substance, and personality. Social media is an extension of your brand voice, tone, and personality, so let your postings reflect your brand’s distinct personality and dictate how your business is viewed in the community.
You might switch between user-generated content, photos of products, or memes while maintaining a strong brand colour scheme to help create familiarity and connection with your channel.
When developing your brand’s persona focus on:
- Your tone (keep it consistent on each post)
- What are primary interests and goals
- Brand values and drive
- Who is your Target Audience? (local businesses, large companies, or individuals you support etc.)
Because of their high engagement rate and capacity to convey high-value information, both short-form and long-form video projects continue to be prominent social mediums.
If you want to boost social media development in 2022, videos should be your top focus.
LIVE STREAMS, STORIES, AND PODCASTS
Stories are here to stay, so take advantage of your audience’s FOMO (fear of missing out) by developing short-term engaging content. Millions of people listen to podcasts every week, according to published figures, with weekly podcast listeners being more inclined to follow firms and brands on social media. If you effectively market your podcast on social media, you may attract new listeners and other podcast producers.
Many social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, allow you to broadcast live videos, and it usually just takes a few clicks to get started. However, if you want to maximise your social media presence across lie channels, your social marketing activities must fit with your company goals and customer profiles.
Don’t hesitate with planning your digital strategy. Encourage conversations, build a community, and implement strategies that produce results. For small businesses, social media requires honesty and consistency, so make sure you take baby steps now to get started by 2022.
Create a solid list of goals and then follow up with the implementation of the tools and methods that will allow you to stay ahead.